eSafe new releases
Version 1.31, December 2022
The following changes have been implemented
Reports & Dashboards
- Two new Report folders have been added: eSAFE Annual – Current Year, and eSAFE Annual – Last Year. These are based on reports in the Safe Ireland document entitled Tusla Data Request dated June 2021. There is a single report for Section A that will be found in the report folders. There are dashboards for Section B, Section C and Section D. These can be found in the eSAFE Safe Ireland reporting Dashboards folder.
New Service Intervention
- Bug fix: The flow now uses the values in a new custom setting to determine if an internal referral should be on the list of closed interventions when adding a new service intervention.
- A new tab has been added for recording meetings that relate to multiple different clients.
- On creation of a new multi-client meeting, details are entered similar to service interventions: date/time, intervention type, duration, location etc.
- A related list for Professional attendees allows you to record the professionals present.
- A New Client Notes button allows you to enter details for a specific client. These details are saved as a service intervention for the client and will appear in the client’s activity report.
Training and Awareness sessions
- A new value is available in the Programme/Group Service Type field: Non-client.
- When this value is selected, a new related list and two new buttons will appear.
- Use the New Awareness Session to track awareness sessions, with approximate numbers of attendees.
- Use the New Training session to track training sessions, where attendances/completion for specific General Contacts can be captured.
- Use the reports in the eSAFE Training and Awareness folder to report on individuals trained and sessions held.
Version 1.30, October 2022
The following changes have been implemented
- When asking the user to select the internal referral to which the intervention is related, closed internal referrals are no longer listed. Instead an extra option is given to allow the user to deliberately select a closed internal referral should this be needed in special cases. (1)
- If the intervention method selected is Phone, Email, Letter or SMS Message, an additional Incoming/Outgoing option is displayed. (2)
- As at present, the status of an intervention is defaulted to Attended for past attendances or Booked for future attendances. The user can now override this status by choosing a different value from ‘Default’ on the status field which is now displayed at the bottom of the first New Intervention page. This field can be hidden via a custom setting if desired. (3)
- As at present, the user can choose to add a new support plan objective when completing the recording of the service intervention. The user is now given the option to add more than one new support plan objective after they have added the first one.
- On service intervention creation or update, new ‘Date of most recent service intervention’ fields on both the related client engagement and the related internal referral are updated with the date of the service intervention as long as this is greater than the current most recent intervention date. Please note that these fields are only available for reporting and are not included in the page layouts. They will start populating after the new release is deployed. If you want to use these fields for records created earlier, please raise a case with our Support team, who will be able to migrate the data.
- Added new values to Service Intervention External Contact Type picklist: Employment and Migrant/Immigration Services, also Tusla – (PPFS) Family Support, Childcare. Fixed typo: CAMS changed to CAMHS. Changed DSP – Rent Supplement to DSP – DV Rent Supplement
- Updated Location picklist for new orgs to include Domiciliary, Support Service, Satellite
- When adding a new Internal referral, the ‘Create task for Programme Owner’ radio button set is now defaulted to No.
- Ability to record service exit notes for any type of referral.
- Ability to remove review file alert from the contact record.
- Security related: users adding new referrals no longer need to have access to the Enquiry object
- On the Internal Referral Lightning page, the Start date field is visible but not required if Internal Referral Status is Withdrew, Dropped out or Refuge full, referred onwards. This allows the start date to be cleared if the user has previously set a start date for a different status.
- Bug fix: When the internal referral status is set to Room reserved or Active, the related enquiry Outcome of Refuge request field is set to to Referred internally to refuge instead of Room Reserved/Active.
Client Engagement Records
- The Client Engagement Ref field is now updatable on the package Client Engagement Lightning Record page (e.g. for anonymisation purposes).
- The Status field on the Engagement record has been moved down to the Closure section.
- If a client has closed engagement records and no open engagement record, the user is given the option of re-opening a closed engagement or creating a new client engagement:
Client Activity Report
- The Client Activity report now shows the Programme/Group name for any group-work activities. It also includes any comments from the group attendance in the Notes field.
- A printable view of the Client Activity report is now available from a new action on the menu
Overnight Attendance Recording
- On pressing the Save button on the Overnight attendance recording screen, the user now remains on the same screen, making it easier to switch to another date if attendances are to be recorded for a previous night. A cancel button has been added to allow the user exit from this screen.
- Additional fields have been added to Abuse Details record and to Enquiry/Contact/Assessment fields if multiple abusers not enabled: Gender of named abuser, Named abuser Transgender?, Named abuser intersex?, Age of named abuser and Ethnicity of named abuser.
- Added additional field to Enquiry: First call this year, Homeless (checkbox)
Version 1.29, June 2022
- Where a client had > 750 activities recorded, the Client Activity Report was failing with an error message. This has now been resolved. The Client Activity report will show the most recent 1000 activities.
- If a child was exited from a Refuge while their mother was still resident, attendance records were still being created for the child, resulting in the child appearing on the Overnight attendances list for attendance recording. This has now been resolved. The child no longer appears in the list on dates after their exit date. Child attendances no longer appear after departure from refuge.
- Objective (Objective name) is now a required field when adding a new Support Plan Objective as part of adding a service intervention.
- On Activity report, move Activity Type before Activity Record column.
- On Service intervention, allow entry of currency for specified intervention types (Contingency, Financial Assistance). Update Intervention page layout to include Amount above session notes, with filters so it displays only if intervention type is one of the above intervention type values.
- ACTION TO ACTIVATE: Add new intervention type (Contingency or Financial Assistance) to Intervention Type picklist add add to Non-group attendance record type. If unsure how to do this, raise a case to support quoting ‘Financial Intervention Type’ and specify which of the values you wish to use.
- Added age on referral, age on exit formula fields to the internal referral record to facilitate future historic reporting
- Prevent deletion of contact/internal referral/client engagement if linked to service interventions/internal referrals
- Change in behaviour when on transfer to client file when linking to an existing client: a number of contact fields were previously copied to the enquiry from the contact. Now only a small number of key fields are copied, namely Consent to store data, Data protection policies explained, Review exit notes.
- Added Cancelled by Service value to Status picklist for group and non-residential record types
- Record Status on Contact record: wording changed to ‘Data complete’ instead of ‘Complete’
- A user no longer requires Delete access on Service Interventions in order to confirm Room Allocations. This means that if a user is not given the eSAFE Standard Delete Access permission set they will not be able to delete other service interventions.
Version 1.28, March 2022
The following enhancements have been introduced:
- A custom setting has been added to the eSAFE Custom Settings to allow for capture of multiple abusers. When checked, abuser details will be moved from the enquiry/contact/assessment pages and placed in a new Abuse Details related list.
- ACTION TO ACTIVATE: Raise a case to support quoting ‘Enable multiple abusers’
- A custom setting has been added to the eSAFE Custom Settings to allow court event records to be created. When checked, These can be used to link multiple court orders to a single court accompaniment record. They can also be used to record events related to a court order (eg. Application) which may not result in a court accompaniment.
- ACTION TO ACTIVATE: Raise a case to support quoting ‘Enable Court Events’
- Date of Birth can now be entered in Enquiry (if added to the page layout) and copied to Contact on Transfer to client file.
- ACTION TO ACTIVATE: Add Date of Birth field to Enquiry page layout or raise a case to support quoting ‘Add Date of Birth to Enquiry Page Layout’
- Maiden name can now be entered in Enquiry (if added to the page layout) and copied to Contact on Transfer to client file.
- ACTION TO ACTIVATE: Add Maiden name field to Enquiry page layout and to Client 2-column page layout on the Contact record, or raise a case to support quoting ‘Add Maiden name to Enquiry and Contact’
The following field lengths have been extended:
- Length of Other Outcome/Important Context details and Handover Notes fields in Enquiry record
- Length of Outcome of Appearance field on Service Intervention (Court accompaniment)
The following picklist changes have been introduced for new orgs:
- ‘Refuge full, Referred onwards’ and ‘Safe House full’ values added to Internal Referral Status
- ‘Refuge offered but declined’ option added to Outcome of Refug request on Enquiry.
- ‘No further contact’ option added to Reason not admitted to refuge picklist on Internal referral
The following page layouts changes have been implemented for new orgs:
- Add the contact record type field to each Contact page layout. Some fields have been re-ordered in order to add the record type to the top of the right column for all page layouts for the purpose of maintaining consistency.
- Add Intervention method to Service Intervention Lightning Page Layout. Move Outcome of External Contact to second column
- Add Email field to General Contact page layout
For all orgs, a new Printable View assessment page layout includes all fields aligned with the Assessment Dynamic page layouts.
The following reports have been modified for new orgs:
- ‘Next 2 days Non-group intervention’ now includes only Booked status
- ‘Last 2 Days Non-group interventions’ new includes only Attended status
Version 1.27, January 2022
The following enhancements have been introduced:
- A new Tusla Weekly Reporting Dashboard has been provided (Tusla Weekly Reporting Dashboard 2), with related reports. Use this to gather figures for the Tusla Weekly reports and verify that key reporting data is being captured in the system.
- Duplicate checking for Internal referrals has been improved, to flag internal referrals for the same client and programme which are any Referred, Waiting List or Room Reserved status as well as Active status.
- List views have been added for the Programme/Groups tab (Groups, Non-group Programmes) and the layout of the Group Programme page has been updated to make visible and group together a number of fields related to group work in a Group Work Sepcific section
- The Target date for overall goal has been added to a number of Support Plan Objective list views. Two new views have been added:
- Overdue Support Plan Objectives
- SPOs with past ‘Next Review Date’.
- Date of referral is now displayed on the Internal referral related list on the Contact page. Internal referrals are sorted by most recent referral date.
- The ‘Number of interventions’ field on the service intervention record has been added to the default permission set so that users see it without any additional local configuration required.
- A new ‘Under 18 Clients turned 18’ chart has been added to the Data Quality dashboard showing clients with record type of ‘Under 18’ who are now over 18 and had interventions in the past 30 days. The underlying report will show which interventions occurred (if any) when they were over 18.
Fixes for the following issues are included:
- Client type was not being transferred correctly when a new client record was being created for an enquiry made by a concerned professional.
- It was possible to transfer an Unnamed enquiry to a client file while leaving the Data Protection explained / Consent to store data fields blank.
- When entering a new referral for a past date, the date was being over-written by today’s date
- On intake for Refuge/Safe House, the ‘Yes/No’ value of the Support for urgent needs picklist was not being populated to the internal referral record.
Version 1.26, December 2021
The following changes have been introduced:
- Service Interventions
- A new ‘Number of interventions’ field has been added to the screen that appears when you select the ‘New Intervention’ button. This allows you to group together multiple interventions and capture in a single record without losing data on the number of individual interventions. The default value for this field is 1. A new Dashboard (Interventions Dashboard 2) and set of reports have been created to use the new field.
- When using the New Intervention button to create an intervention for an under 18 client it is now possible to choose the intervention type, which defaults to Child Service Provision.
- An alert has been added to the Enquiry page layout if the Client ID entered on the enquiry record is different from the Client id on the linked Client Contact record. Note: you only need to add the Client ID to the enquiry record if this is being manually assigned for a new client or if the record relates to an existing client with a client ID who has not yet been entered on the system. A new chart has been added to the Data Quality Dashboard showing a list of enquiries with non-matching client IDs.
- A ‘New External Referral’ button is now available from a Dependent record, which can be used for a child protection notification.
- Permission sets esafe Standard User and eSAFE Administrator have been updated so that by default only an administrator will be able to add and edit rooms (accomodation units) in a Refuge or Safe House Programme.
- When you change the status of a Group work Internal referral from Active to any other value, any future attendance records related to that referral record will be deleted so that the client will no longer appear on the ‘Update Attendance’ list for future sessions.
- The mechanism for flagging duplicate Internal Referrals (where one client has more than one active internal referrals for the same service) has been updated through the provision of a new matching rule, and the related reports in the Data Quality dashboard have been updated so that records that are not really duplicates should not be picked up. A video on duplicate management will be available shortly.
- Report/Dashboard changes
- On the Data Quality dashboard the ‘Reason Unavailable by Date’ chart has been changed from a bar chart to a stacked bar chart to better display the data.
- The ‘Past interventions in booked status’ report has been updated to exclude occupancy and group work attendances, which are better reported by session or date.
- Filters on reports from the original Interventions dashboard have been updated to make them more consistent.